NASDAQ index down about 2% (was down shut to three% implied by the futures).
The key US inventory indices are opening sharply decrease. That is the dangerous information. The not so dangerous information is that they’re off low ranges implied by the futures (no less than the tech heavy NASDAQ the place the futures implied a -3% decline).
A snapshot of the market a couple of minutes into the opening is presently exhibiting:
- S&P index -50.27 factors or -1.48% at 3335.22
- NASDAQ index -208 factors or -1.89% at 10841.64
- Dow down 359 factors or -1.28% at 27672.74
in different markets:
- Spot gold is buying and selling down $21.98 or -1.12% at $1937.28.
- Spot silver is buying and selling down $0.67 or -2.49% at $26.48
- WTI crude oil futures are buying and selling down $0.31 or -0.77% at $39.85
US yields are decrease with a flatter yield curve:
- 2 yr 0.127%, -1.Zero foundation factors
- 5 yr 0.256%, -2.5 foundation factors
- 10 yr 0.660%, -3.6 foundation factors
- 30 yr 1.411%, -4.7 foundation factors
Within the foreign exchange market, the JPY stays the strongest and the GBP stays the weakest of the most important currencies. Each are off extremes vs the USD.
For financial institution commerce concepts, take a look at eFX Plus